top of page
Image by Jonathan Larson

Permits Currently Available Online

Driveway Application Details

Access on a County Highway:

The Clark County Highway Department requires that you have a permit for any type of work done in the highway right-of-way for driveway access. You may fill out the application at the link above and upon receipt, our department will review your request, inspect the site and issue a permit if conditions are appropriate. Please Note: Only the landowner can apply for a driveway permit.

Existing Access
If you are interested in altering an existing driveway or replacing a culvert, you will need to be issued a permit.

New Access
A new driveway request will also need a permit.

Access on a State Highway

Although we maintain the State Highways in Clark County, we do not have jurisdiction on access to a state highway. This means that you must contact the State of Wisconsin for requesting to alter or add a driveway. You may access their permitting process from the link below. If you have questions on the form, or process the regional office contact out of Eau Claire is listed on the link provided below, under the Northwest Region, Eau Claire.


State Access Contacts

If you have any questions or concerns about existing or new access, you may contact our Operations Manager, Tom Clark at (715) 743-3680. 

511 W. South Street  |  Loyal, WI  54446  |  Ph: (715) 743-3680  |  Brian Duell, Highway Commissioner 
bottom of page