top of page
Family Photos in B&W

Vital Record Application Information


Purchase Vital Records Online

Click here to purchase certified records

Regular Service via Mail

For births, deaths, divorce, marriages or domestic partnership declarations/terminations complete the following. 

Note: Our office can issue divorce certificates from 01/01 2016 to present. All divorce information prior to 2016 is obtained from the Clerk of Courts Office

  1. Download and print appropriate Vital Record application form from list below.

  2. Complete all parts of the form and sign it.

  3. Enclose the following in an envelope:

    • The completed form you have printed

    • A self-addressed, stamped envelope.

    • A money order or personal check payable to “Register of Deeds”

  4. ​Mail the completed form and appropriate fee to:

                  Clark County Register of Deeds

                  PO Box 384

                  Neillsville, WI  54456-0384

Faxing a completed application  to 715 743-5254 is an option with payment made by calling in credit card information to a Register of Deeds employee.

PLEASE NOTE: Major credit cards are accepted, including, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®. A $1.50 convenience fee will be applied.

*Application Forms (Files are in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download a free Word Viewer for Microsoft.

Application Forms / Downloads

Certificate Copy Fee - $20 per each type of certificate ordered. Additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time - $3.00 each.

Click the Folder for Forms/Downloads

Acceptable identification required

Identification is required to apply in person. Expired documents will not be accepted.

Original documents of identification:

ONE of the following:

  • State issued driver’s license or ID card

  • U.S. government issued photo ID

  • U.S. or Foreign passport

  • Tribal or military ID card

OR TWO of the following:

  • Bank/earnings statement

  • Current, dated, signed lease

  • Health insurance card

  • Utility bill or traffic ticket

  • Vehicle registration/title

bottom of page